Sunday, December 2, 2012

Shuswap Pictures

Rebecca,

I am finally getting around to sharing some of my Shuswap pictures with you.  I am a little obsessed with taking pictures at the Lake and of different perspectives of the actual lake from all around the property.  Here are some of the best ones I have taken.  Some day, I hope to get a look at the window in real life or maybe just on this blog.

Cheers!


Shuswap in February 2008 I believe.  The lake froze halfway across.



I call this summer, the summer of the many sunsets and I think is was 2008 .  This is off my parents balcony looking slightly off to the left.



The best picture I have ever taken at the Lake.  The summer of many sunsets, 2008.



A kayak ride I took in the summer of 2012 during a cloudy grey and beautiful morning.



A pictures of a tree and the colours of the rock across the lake from our property looking to the left.


Gentle sunset from Summer 2011.


Click the 'Read More' below for more pictures.


A view from the top of the 66 foot road.



Into the forest we go.  Old branches with lichen/fungi/conks and other such items.


The forest off the old road we used to walk down on the way to weed the Poterfield's garden.


Looking up into the same forest.  Towering vegetation.


A large mushroom growing out of the forest floor.


The lightning shots I took also included ones during which the sky was lit up but no strikes appeared in the picture.  This is one of those shots.


The following selection of pictures were all taken as the storm came rolling in from left to right across the Lake, the night of the lightning pictures and my near death experience.  Enjoy!












1 comment:

  1. Hi Tonia,
    I am slowly, slowly scrolling through your pics and thinking about my phone call with Rebecca last night. We were talking about photos of the people who live on the land. You have burrowed down to just give us just that land. Thank you. I tried to choose my favorites, but then found I had to make two categories -- one of the views of the water; the second, views of the forest. For the category of water, I am choosing "off my parent's balcony" for that orange-y fire-y colour in the sky. My runner up is an untitled pictures, but I can see the rain coming down over on Bastion mountain and for some reason, that resonated with me. Perhaps because the snow is gently falling here. Same fluid, different form.

    I don't very often look up and see "towering vegetation" when I walk through the forest, so that pic gets my award in the forest category, but only because in the picture you have reminded me again of how myopic my view is when I don't look up.

    Arta

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.