Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin

Bonnie and I used the local library to order The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin.  I am not sure if we need to read the book, having been out looking at a utube clip by Gretchen Rubin, then reading some of her blog and  at the same time, already feeling as though how could our lives be happier – seems greedy to want more of what is already topped up in our separate lives.  The book was suggested to us as worthy of a good read, even as happy as we are,  and Bonnie is waiting to pick it up at the library.  

 I want to see if it is a page turner as the  Chronicles of Downton Abbey by Jessica Fellowes and Matthew Sturgis has been to me.  “I can’t believe I am lapping up all of this background and gossip about fictional characters in a British television series, ” I mused to myself.  And I am beating myself up about missing the first two seasons – but pretty happy that I can be updated by a couple of specials on PBS.  So I am up-to-date on who is whom and why they matter to the story.  Who really matters to me is the older women in the story.  There aren’t a lot of models of older women in the world.  I can’t get enough of The Rt. Hon. Violet, Countess of Grantham (Maggie Smith) and Mrs. Isobel Crawley (Penelope Wilton).  I saw Smith and Wilton in the The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel – watched it twice.  The actors know how to give the perfect timing on a look or a gesture. 

I wonder if doing enough viewing and rewinds will give me that skill.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.