Thursday, May 2, 2013

Report from the Cruisers

Hi all:
Here is an email I got this morning via Wyona's email account! (but from Arta)
------------------------------
Dear Rebecca,


I can’t get into my email. Blocked by suspicious account activity in China. The suspicious activity is me, trying to get into my email. The only way the techie can help me is by having a text message go to my cell phone. Duh to me! I only have a landline I told him. I had to correct myself – yes, a cell phone but no power to text from it. Duh to me, #2!

After 10 minutes, working with me, telling me I was probably not typing in my password correctly, or checking again and again that I had my user name correct, he asked when this first happened.
I told him I was good until I tried to use the free internet in the cruise terminal in Japan. Pulling out his own cell phone he said, same with me and now I am blocked too.

Will I get on in Russia? I heard the most excellent and fine technical support team telling others that as we get closer to Russia there is no assurance anything will get any better. The ship keeps moving and having good reception is difficult.

And the three of us don’t even know if our feet will hit the ground in Russia. We have no visa. Greg said it is not like a whole cruise load of us are going to try to defect to Siberia.
Americans have hope of a day pass. Perhaps we will quality along with them.

I do not want anyone to say my silence is golden. It is a problem of not enough technology. Perhaps that is what I will be asking for Christmas from all of my kids. A gift that moves me to the iWorld. Can you blog this so others will know that they should start saving for my big Xmas present.
from Arta
------------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.