Friday, May 31, 2013

Skagway

skylight in dining room floor
 ... Skagway seen below ...
May 14

I hear statements in the day that surprise me, or that make me laugh inside.

 Today a woman on the train said that she met her husband in a way few other people can say they met their mates.

“Guess.”

“I can’t guess,” I said.

“On jury duty”, she replied.

... plane landing outside of our window ...
The woman was right – jury duty – not usually seen as a place to meet someone.

 ... the old houses and the new ...
I woke up this morning to pouring rain. I walked the halls, stopping to view the bay – a black pole in the middle of the bay – odd.

No.

The concentric rings moving out from the pole made me think perhaps that black pole was really a seal – and yes, it surfaced again after disappearing. So strange, to see a seal in its natural habitat and not in an aquarium. The rain continued. I got in the elevator to go back to my floor and said to the room attendant. “It is pouring out there.”

 ...planes just off of main street ...
ready to give a shore excursion
“Yes. And it is raining too.”

That made me laugh.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.