Monday, May 20, 2013

The Market in Busan, South Korea

 ... unable to believe my eyes, I asked Greg what this was ...
I dragged Greg over to see folded pieces of an animal – regular, lined up, pinned to lattice on the wall.

“What parts am I looking at?”

He shook his head.

We walked further, not much further, really, until I could tell that what I had been seeing were the folded skins of pig’s heads, now eviscerated, refolded, tucked away, ready for removal.

I would have also wanted to see how they took all of this away as well.

woman scrubbing pigs heads, getting them ready for sale
I watched women scrubbing the outer skin of the pig’s heads, snipping out delicious parts from multiple heads, putting the pieces in separate buckets.

I watched the parts boiled, sliced, the fat and pieces ending up as bowls of steaming soup.
... cart seller taking a rest ...
I was dying to try it, but I don’t know how far to go with adventurous eating.

What I should have done is stopped the man with this large cart and bought a few tangerines from him ... at the very least.

Arta

1 comment:

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.