Thursday, May 30, 2013

Welcome to Her World


image from floor in Calgary International Airport
I woke up this morning to Rebecca’s alarm, her snooze alarm.  

 As I lay there alongside her, not quite sleeping, I wondered how many extra muscles she has in the arm she uses to hit that button  -- one more time, time and time again. "

What is the exact moment that you have to get up?", I thought.   "How many times will I hear that alarm until it is the last time you can hit it,” I wondered, beginning to count. 

floor carries images of Alberta's  pioneer and oil heritage
Knowing not to ask that question, I said to her, “I need to know the shape of my day each morning.  Could you tell me what we are going to do today.”

“I won't be telling you. Welcome to disappointment,” she said without blinking, threw on her clothes and was out of the room.  

 I guess this is a free day for me.

 ... foggy early morning in Vancouver ...
Too bad she didn't remember she had me come a couple of days early so that I can type for her while she sketches out the general outline of two papers she hasn’t started but are past the deadline to submit. 

... view of mountains while flying to Vancouver ...
Mary is so busy at work that she is giving her workplace her lunch hour, and has been for a week now.

Mary is even busier at night with her kids. 

There goes our hope of Mary editing  these papers once they do get from Rebecca’s head into black and white.

Any volunteers out there?

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.