Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Peonies

Everything is unnaturally green.

The spring was wet and now we have had the moisture that precipitated the flood.

 I noticed the prairie grasses of Nose Hill are lush with growth.

Wyona said on the way to Edmonton, greenness was the topic of conversation between Greg and her.

They couldn’t get over the look of the fields – everything rich with colour.

I don’t know if it is because my peony bush is fully mature, or if it is the rain water, but I have cut enough peony blossoms to fill my house upstairs and downstairs.

 As well, Miranda has as many bouquets as she wants and there are still blooms on the bush – sixty flowers left outside.

I didn't bother to count the blossoms on the second bush.

As well, I have been trying to keep the chives under control. 

The plants are winning when they start to grow out of the cracks in the sidewalks.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.