Friday, October 18, 2013

Bora Bora


Oct. 12, 2013

Maybe three weeks ago, Marcia, Art, Lurene, Tim, the five grandchildren, Greg, Charise and Zoe and I were having a regular get together at Chisholm. Marcia was doodling on her IPAD.  She asked me if Greg and I would stay with Gabe, Zach and Audra while she and Art went on a trip for three weeks. Then in front of me she puts this tropical, paradisaical photo of little nepah huts jutting out into the ocean. "This is where I want to go."

“Where is that, Marcia?”

“It is Bora, Bora”, she replies.

"Of course Marcia, I would love to stay with my grandchildren. But Greg and I happen to be going to Bora Bora in a couple of weeks."

“I don’t want to hear about it!” she replies. 

So here we are, sitting on our sunset veranda on the Celebrity Solstice looking out over Marcia’s ideal vacation hide-away.

Now it is 7:30 a.m. and we just watched the sail in. Oh heavenly Bora Boring! We had breakfast delivered to help a speedy departure.

The huts are actually a little quaint. Some of the thatched rooves are in dire need of repair, the motu (island) looks vacated, the palm trees soar above the under brush on the mountainside. Ahhh paradise!

We found out there was a hurricane here in 2011 which tore the little huts apart. The resort has been sold and is waiting for repairs.

And it is not even hot like Malaysia. There is a cool sea breeze wafting across my legs while a warm scarf adorns my neck.

The back of the ship is in the shade right now but when the sun is beating down on the back of the ship, I will be inside our room or out sailing on a luxurious, comfortable bayliner deck boat having an exclusive visit of the Pearl of the Pacific around the west side of Bora Bora.

Talk to you later! 

My heart aches for you!

Wish you were all here!

Wyona

2 comments:

  1. I am inviting myself on Marcia and Art's vacation. I will get my own falling apart hut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chances of Greg and I getting back there are higher than Marcia and Art getting there. Come with us Tonia.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.