Thursday, October 31, 2013

Four Square


David wanted to play four square with us.

So after dinner we cleared back the tables and chairs.

I went looking for some balls in the garage.

Bonnie taped out some spaces on the kitchen floor.

Let the games begin.
"Grandma, was anything ever hard for you at school?"

"Not for me.

If I didn't know how to play a game with a ball, I went home and practised until I was the best in the class."

"Are you the best in your room at anything?" , Bonnie asked him.

"Only reading," said David. Reading is good enough.  So here we are -- practising four square after supper. 

We set out to make him very good at four square tonight.  We were only partially successful.  I think we need to go to the school grounds and practise on the playground there.

A lovely evening had by all.

Arta

1 comment:

  1. My favorite moment was when my father had my son go get his cane for him so he could play the game.

    Or was it when mother bounced the ball through my father's legs.

    Lots of great moments, really.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.