Saturday, October 19, 2013

Macbeth - Reviews

I usually go to reviews before I watch the Met or the National Theatre Productions.  Instead I went to the links that Rebecca suggested and I am glad I did.  I enjoyed them. I didn't see the reviews below until after the performance.  If you haven't gone yet to Macbeth, you might enjoy one or either of them.  I favor the Cowley review though I didn't think as he thought, that the murder of Lady Macduff was gratuitous.  I thought it was chilling and a good precursor to the terrible grief we watch as Macduff hears the horrible news.

Michael Billington's Review in The Guardian.

Jason Cowley's Review in The Statesman.

Arta


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.