Saturday, November 16, 2013

Tourism - Mountain Biking

... I tried to fix this without tools ...
Glen offered Pouria one of his mountain bikes to ride the Old Sicamous Highway Trail.

Pouria had found it on his own, walking up there from the silver railroad signals at the end of the bay.

But it is easier to access the road by going up Bernie, turning left and then continuing down the highway until the long curving abutment ends.

Photo: Pouria Manesh
... looking back toward Annis Bay ... on Old Sicamous Highway Trail ...
Pouria was back in about 10 minutes.

The chain had come off of his bicycle and there was no way to fix it ... until Glen showed him how.

“Wish I had known the fix was that easy.”

Pouria was back to the house again in 30 minutes, this time because he couldn’t find the place on Highway #1 where Old Sicamous Highway meets the trans-Canada.

Photo: Pouria Manesh
... the sun begins to set on Bastion Mountain ... on Old Sicamous Highway Trail ...
“Hop in the car and take another large rock. Perhaps the one Glen put there to show people where to find the trail has fallen off.“

“I must have ridden the bike past here a number of times, but I didn’t see the rock. There it is”, said Pouria.

He put his own rock there.

Photo: Pouria Manesh
... around mile 3 on Old Sicamous Highway Trail ...
If one rock is easy to miss, two rocks will even be easier to miss.

It was late and the sun was beginning to set. Glen called to see if Pouria was back or if he had to go get him.

No use losing him when there is so much yet to see in this beautiful November weather.

Arta

2 comments:

  1. That is an amazing picture of the lake Arta. I think Arta that you should have used Janet's bike and gone with Pouria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a bike. It was stolen. I thought of buying a new bike. I think that cross-country skiing in the winter will be less dangerous, though I don't know why I think that. I don't know how to do either: ride a bike well, or ski at all.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.