Friday, December 13, 2013

Christmas on the Wall

... a lovely Christmas gift ...

Catherine made a lovely gift for me some years back. A lovely picture for Christmas, done in black and gold and carrying the following words: Wonderful, Counsel, Emmanuel, Mighty God, Mighty God, Everlasting Father. She gave it to me framed and ready to hang.

I always thought I would put it on a stand and set it at the end of along buffet. But I could never get the stand and the picture together in the same place when I wanted to use them.

So I brought the picture back from British Columbia and had Kelvin hang it on the wall where we watch TV. No need to take it down after Christmas for now it has a permanent home.  I love those words from Isaiah, the ones that I hear sung at this season should I be see lucky enough to see (or hear a recording of) Handel's Messiah. 

Arta

1 comment:

  1. I think that is a beautiful piece as well. Is it a rubbing? An etching? The regal colours match the message.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.