Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Morning Walks

The sun doesn’t even rise until 8:34 am. For me that is almost in the middle of the day. Outside, ice is under the new fallen snow and though I haven’t slipped yet, going down to the ground is inevitable before the season is over. The morning darkness is beautiful. Cars are already on the road. The street lamps make the snow around them glisten. I began to take pictures and was soon informed “...you need a new battery pack ...”. I slipped my camera back in my pocket thinking, the camera just probably just doesn’t like -20 Fahrenheit with a wind chill of who knows what.

I walked during the daytime yesterday – my favourite stretch now is down to the Children’s Hospital. The sidewalks are usually cleared by the university and the walk is the right distance, though I have begun to circle the buildings and walk the grounds which are now lit up. How cute is that to have Christmas lights on parts of the children’s play equipment.

I met a silversmith out running her dog. When Kelve and I went to the Weight Loss Management Class a woman gave a testimonial. "I received a dog as a birthday present and I have to walk him. I have lost 40 pounds by doing that."

The woman I met on the path yesterday says that she walks her dog every day to control her depression – 3 hours a day.

Now there is a lucky dog ... and a woman who feels a lot better.

Arta

4 comments:

  1. Three hours a day. A healthy way to control depression. I wonder if I could do three hours a day of walking. I will let you know. Holidays are here, and it does sound like a good plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. -20 F? brrrr......
    8:34 and already half-way through the day? yawn ... zzz...
    -40 lbs? a great new years goal for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 hours a day walking a DOG would put me into depression,BIG depression.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.