Thursday, January 2, 2014

Christmas Party at Treleaven's part 2

Finally the food was done, and it was delicious... worth waiting for.


Plates were licked clean.

3 Johnsons: Bonnie, Michael and Kelvin

Dessert was admired while eating our turkey and trimmings.

The Score Squares decorate the table: a 13x18 pan of them - a recipe to be coveted
LtoR:Tonia, Theresa, Lurene, Tim, Audra, Kelve, Miranda, Alice

Mouthfuls of delicious Arta buns were devoured.

"I will take mine without butter, thanks."

Smiles were shared.

Alice Johnson slung on her dad's hip

And then the traditional (?) present game. We took our positions, with the presents in the middle.


Little ones guarded the presents so that players couldn't try and guess the presents.

Back: Shannon, Art, Dalton, Zach
Front:Theresa

Some planned strategies together.

Meighan does the strategizing; Bonnie does the thinking

Others were too tired to play.

Anita, Ron, Audra and Kelvin

Here are 2 of the coveted gifts... a gum ball machine and talking boxing gloves.

Art, Dalton, Zach

And then there were the usual laughs and smiles.

Dalton and Zach


Ceilidh Johnson

Tonia and Doral

Shannon, Dalton, Zach, Lurene, Tonia

Audra, alseep; Kelvin, awake

Anita, Audra

It was a good time. We had fun playing cards, eating candy canes, negotiating presents, and celebrating the holidays together. Next time, I will still undercook the turkey, because everyone has to stay for 4 hours and have a great time.
... and a left to the upper thigh ...






4 comments:

  1. Of all of the pictures I went back to study the food buffet. Why did I stop at one helping that night? Now I am longing for my second helping and can almost smell the food on my virtual plate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i adore looking at all those little faces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. David asked this morning over breakfast, "why am I not in any of the pictures on this post?" Perhaps a sign he is ready to get back on the side of the camera. yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why, why, why? Sometimes I just want to answer back because you are a jerk! So I do not say that though. The more polite thing is you were not there.

    The party looks amazing. The food looks spectacular. I missed the bridge. Next time I will be there with David Camps and I will be in the pictures.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.