Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Happy Birthday News from Mary

"you say it's your birthday? It's my birthday too!"
Thanks for the happy birthday greetings from all.

For my birthday I am starting a glass blowing course.

I have been doing torch work for a few years now, and am excited to do my first ever glass blowing.

Leo met the glass blower at an artist fair before Christmaswhen she found out he was a wood turner she asked him to make her some special wooden disk to incorporate into some new lamps she is making.

Must focus ...
In exchange, I get to take her class!

How’s that for an awesome present. And how fun that the class actually starts on my birthday.

Directors: Michael John Warren, Jason Moore

As the other part of my birthday celebrations, I am also hoping to find a night some weekend soon to sit down with Leo and my kids and watch the Shrek Musical, which you can now access on Netflix. I have never seen it, but the one song I have heard from the musical is hilarious. I saw it in a musical review that was put on by a musical friend of ours who gets together amateur musicians in the stake (and their amateur musician friends who are willing). He does an amazing job, and scores all the music himself.

Anyway, during rehearsals Leo introduced himself to the guy who was singing the Shrek song (called When Words Fail) and I can’t remember his name, but it turns out he grew up in Calgary with Rebecca. Small world. I will have to track down his name for you Rebecca.

Considering making an ice cream cake for the occasion too. I was inspired by Rebecca’s blog post of Duncan making an ice cream cake back in London.

I can’t believe I am going to be 39 tomorrow. How cool is that. Only one more year until 40!!!

Woot, woot.

Mary

4 comments:

  1. I went to utube and listened to the "When Words Fail" song.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0019nyP68Rw

    Very cute. Hope you enjoy the rest of the musical when you get to see it on Netflicks. For some reason I got to go twice to see Shrek in London.

    If you live 34 more years you will get to be my age and have probably done even more in your life than seeing Shrek twice. But if only that is possible, then that is nice, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more thing about watching Shrek. Could you please take Rhiannon into a room and have her watch this clip so she won't be surprised when she hears it on Shrek the Musical. Everyone needs a "bad language" warning if they are going to see Shrek, though it isn't really about language, but about actions.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsWRHi5RkQo

    The song is "I think I got you beat". I think everyone between the ages of 6 and 10 should see this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 39?! Do people laugh at you when you say that? You still look like a big baby in those photos of yours. adulthood looks a long way off!

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.