Friday, February 21, 2014

Badminton

Catherine sent me pictures of Thomas playing badminton.

I learned to play badminton from my dad so it was quite a thrill to see Thomas has learned the game.


I think Eric is also a badminton player.

Either that or tennis.

One would think that all of these racquet sports would use the same technique, but that is not so.

In the case of badminton, there is nothing like seeing that cock float through the air.

... the beauty of catching the player in motion ...

Here is the trick to badminton.

You have to run the other guy all over the court while you conserve your energy by staying in one place.


I own my own badminton racquet.

I think part of the game is in the snap of the wrist.
Go, Thomas, go!
When I was in my teen's I was a champion in the Church Regional Badminton Tournament that was held in Lethbridge.

I have a picture published in the Calgary Herald to prove it.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.