Sunday, May 18, 2014

work space

a strategy for getting paperwork done
What does your work space look like? Is it indoors? Is it tidy? Have you personalized it?

David has a work space in his room now. A hand-me-down desk from Pouria.

He has his current reading material in the custom-made space for CDs. He has his stormtrooper alarm clock on the side of the desk near his bed. There are a few pencils on top. It looks very tidy.

He has declared that it is a "no homework zone". The work he will do there is call a friend, read a book, or do a little lego.

I like to think of myself as someone who loves organization. I have childhood memories of spending time organizing my space at home. However ...
as I look at a recent photo of my workspace at my pubic job, it does not engender visions of an organized person in the mind of my coworkers. When I get home and see the state of my bedroom, it matches my workspace at work for disarray.

If you have tips for change, do leave them in the comments section. I promise to give them a try.

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of a "no homework zone"! Why didn't I think of that?! I should come see David's work space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bonnie - love that photo at the desk! My work spaces on campus and home are organized chaos - I have just learned to accept them as they are. Hope you and David are doing well. Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.