Thursday, October 23, 2014

Second Tooth

... my second tooth is out ...
There are some childhood moments that can always be remembered.


Hebe is having some of them right now.


When I was young, the folk tale associated with the loss of a tooth was this:  if you didn't put your tongue in the hole that the baby tooth left in your mouth, then the new tooth would grow in gold.


Now that I think about it, I am not sure I really wanted a gold tooth.



My dad just made it sound so desirable that I worked hard at keeping my tongue out of that hole.

Look.  Here is my tooth in my left hand!

It was a great disappointment each time a tooth fell out and a failed to keep my tongue out of that hole.


I have no idea whether Hebe knows about this practise.


Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.