Thursday, October 9, 2014

Verdi's Macbeth

Andrea Mohin/The New York Times

A scene from the Met’s “Macbeth,”
directed by Adrian Noble with
sets and costumes designed by Mark Thompson.
The HD Live opera from the Met on Saturday is Verdi's Macbeth.

I don't know this opera. The reviews below give me a good idea of what I am going to see.

The image from The New York Times is a bit grisly, but then ... Halloween is coming so it is time for me to toughen up.  And this is a good chance to hear some Verdi as well.

I am looking forward to seeing the three witches as (hand)bag ladies dressed in cardigans.

The timing at my local Crowfoot Cineplex is 10:55 am.

A Malevolent consort, utterly in command

A Prima Donna Stretches in More Commanding Roles

Sound and Fury, Set in the 20th Century

The Scottish Opera: The Thane, His Lady, That Spot

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.