Sunday, December 28, 2014

Ranginak - a surprise

... eating one piece leads to another ...

Just when I think I have tried everything sweet in the world, another confection arrived. Sahar brought ranginak -- made by her mother. Amir knew how it was made: fresh dates, walnuts and a coating of butter and browned sugar. I went out to utube, my favourite place to see how other people make this. I am sometimes tricked into thinking because I can see the recipe made in four minutes, that I can replicate the same time frame when I try to cook it myself.  On this one, I know I can't.

Sahar said her mother has the special knack for making it.

'Twas the treat of the day for me.

 Every day, the best day ever.

 Arta

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Ingredients that I love. Sounds better than it looks.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.