Thursday, May 14, 2015

Let it go


My mother is dependable, spectacular, organized, caring, 
Here I am at the Youth sponsored Mother's Day Dinner with my three oldest children.

Thomas and the rest of the Young Men made the meal. Thomas's job was to help with the salad. He broke the lettuce, dumped out the water, and mixed in the salad dressing. They served Pasta with Tomatoes Sauce, a Cesar salad, and Garlic Bread on the side. It was delicious.

trustworthy, loving, a helping hand, funny, full of humility, 
Katie, Rebecca, and the other Young Women planned the activity and did the decorations. They put out streamers, flowers as center pieces, cut out big letters to spell mom, and listed out traits of their mothers on the letters. They had written only positive traits. Perhaps that was to provide a counter balance to the activity (prank) they had planned for later.

The mother's were asked to play iPod Karaoke. It involved getting the mothers singing while listening to an iPod. The mothers could hear the music and had the words but everyone else in the audience could just hear the mothers singing.

enthusiastic, hard working, very kind, encouraging, and fun.
Did they do this so the mothers could embarrass their children in public? Not that that isn't something I do in a daily basis. I sang Let it Go from the  sound track for Frozen and belted it out as loud as I could.

Although I couldn't hear it, it turns out they quickly joined in and everyone was singing along with me.

~ Catherine

Let it go, let it go
Can't hold it back anymore

Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door

I don't care what they are going to say
Let the storm range on
The cold never bothered me anyway

1 comment:

  1. I have such fuzzy memories of Mother's Day when I was a youth. Catherine, do you remember throwing a dinner for mothers when you were in Young Womens Catherine? I don't. My main Mother's Day memory from my childhood is that we got to go and pick up a potted flower and hand them out to our Mothers during church. I mostly remember the dirt that would sprinkle out the bottom and how annoying that was to me. I also remember taking a few extra for neighbours. Did we each give Arta one or was there one per mother? Fuzzy memories.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.