Monday, May 25, 2015

The White Streak

From Catherine:
... white streaks, a genetic gift ...

Thank you for the white streak.

Sending photos today of my beautiful white hair which I inherited from you.

Glad you were a mother who enjoyed her white and didn't spend years covering it up.

Gave me courage to do the same.

Arta replies:

That white streak began for me in high school, long before I had any money to do anything about it.

... letting the silver show ...
Then when I decided to colour it all in, the hair dresser told me that there was not dye strong enough to really give a good black colour.

And furthermore, that it would grow out and be a real mess.

So I think I took the best of all worlds, saved my money and missed having to fight the curse of white roots.

I was more interested in experimenting with different hair styles so there have been Afro's, buzz cuts (almost), and page boys,

I have names for hair styles that don't exist anymore.

I notice that Bonnie has picked up on beauiful highlighting.

... why not relax and accept the more mature colouroing ...
Another good choice, but not one for everyone.

And of course, Rebecca likes being a red-head.

And Mary plays with the joys of having hair that can be braided and wrapped around her head like a crown.

... new colour ...
... plus silver necklace created by Rebecca
in her silversmithing class ...
And Wyona puts in purple streaks.

And Kalina Oldham has her mother put in an extension -- a hair braid with ribbons in it.

I think the idea now is for the parents to ask for the new hair style before their kids do.

There is fun for everyone in hair statements.  I like yours, Catherine.

Arta
Honouring Arta's 75th: Third Quarter Quell, Day 18

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.