Friday, September 18, 2015

E=mc2


Richard,


I saw this book at the Okanagan College yesterday.



Remember when we used the 2427 driveway as a chalk board and I asked you to explain E=mc2 to me?

I loved that day in the backyard with you, your kids, and the peeing tree covered in wet tissues from the experiments Amir and Reza did with me and Michael.

I am trying to send you a photo of that day because the images are so vivid in my mind .... but perhaps I never took any. So instead I looked on my phone for a picture of you and Michael and Alice without any limbs moving -- that was equally hard to find. It perhaps lends new meaning to E=mc2.

E = parents energy at the end of the day.
M = combined weight of children
C = children's combined speed



Truly one of the profound mysteries of the universe.

Love,
Image result for e=mc2

Bonnie

1 comment:

  1. I looked at this picture for a while and was reminded of how many times, when a child comes to lay on a parent, or play with a grandparents, that those little fingers want to explore either the eyes, or the nostrils or the mouth of the loved one.

    Always one has to be protective of one's own eye sight with those little fingers around.

    How is it that the kids have so much energy left at the end of the day and the care-givers have so little?

    That is one of the unanswerable questions.

    Arta

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.