Thursday, November 19, 2015

Lulu

Marlis Petersen in the title role
Daniel Brenna as Alwa in Berg’s Lulu.
Photograph: Ken Howard/Metropolitan Opera
Here is the Guardian review of the Met's HD live showing of Lulu.

The review is a charming dialogue between a musician and an artist, giving their impressions of the production.

Everytime I read this review I make my way out to one of its links and think how lucky I am to have all of this information just at the end of my fingertips.

The New York Times review is equally interesting and has its own charm.

The moment in Alban Berg's score where
Lulu makes her famous comment
.Credit
I have been looking forward to seeing this, especially since I got to see The Nose  last year, which is referenced in the articles.

I am on my own this Saturday.  Rebecca is busy.  The opera is four hours.

Anyone else going?

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.