Saturday, December 26, 2015

Christmas - Food

When I think about extended families on my side, if there are children, they are mostly grandchildren now. What brought this to my mind is the large amount of food that is consumed here by the 14 and 16 year old. The dishes are hardly done before someone is looking in the fridge again.

So when Rebecca and I shop we try to find something that wasn't eaten last week, or the week before.  Normal, I think to look for something new.  I wanted to cook a turkey for Christmas but turkey has a bad wrap here -- too dry they say.  That might be true the way that I have cooked it in Christmases past.


Rebecca slipped some endive into our cart this time. "We are going to have that wonderful salad we had in Paris last year," she said.  "I had learned how to do it in Spain and I think I can find the recipe on the blog."

Endive, either stuffed with corn, tomatoes and olives, or stuffed with mandarin oranges, walnuts and feta cheese.

Now this doesn't supplant turkey, but it was a lovely mid-day Xmas snack to stave off that usual over-snacking on ... chocolate, chips, even those lovely mandarins, I can't stop eating.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.