Thursday, December 31, 2015

The Earth's Alarm


The shaking of the earth sometime past 11:30 pm was new to me.  The vibrations brought all of us from separate parts of the house and together in the dining room.  We seemed to need confirmation that others had felt the tremor, though I don’t know why.  My first earth quake – a 4.1 the newspaper reported.  Only when I walk down by the coast, I think of the sunamis that come out of nowhere.  An Albertan never thinks much about earthquakes, either.  I fear dying by drowning.  No chance, said Rebecca.  Think of how far you have to climb to get from the ocean back to the house.  At any rate – the earth’s geological alarm:  an earthquake.  And I felt it.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.