Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Auditing

Bonnie Wyora told me that I would be lucky if I were in Victoria and could sit in on Rebecca’s Business Associations Class. I got here when she was teaching Criminal Law. I don’t know if that makes me lucky, or luckier. I sit on the far side of the class, alone. The rest of the students sit close to each other in groups, for during the class, at least once, they have to break into groups and solve a problem that she gives them. I try to solve the problem on my own. I tae careful notes – just in case there will be a test at the end. Yesterday was “Willful Abandonment of a Child” and “On Providing the Necessities of Life”, among other topics. At the very least I am learning to spell actus reus and mens rea.

Rebecca’s retired colleague, Haymar Foster, was giving a guest lecture during the lunch hour: Another Good Thing: The Decision of the Yukon Court of Appeal in the Ross Rover Case (or Indigenous Title, Presentism” in Law and History and a Judge Begbie Puzzle Re-Visited)”. Again I had my paper and pencil out, writing down the three propositions of his paper as though there would be a test at the end of the lecture, or the day or the week. Or perhaps I think these tests will be done in heaven.

Whenever that final questionnaire is handed out, I will be ready.

I want at least a passing grade.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.