Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Cleaning

"It is so nice to  come here to clean," said Dave as he was doing the house yesterday morning.  He was surrounded by his cleaning equipment and we had been commenting on the wonderful smell, even imagining that the smell of a clean house would make a wonderful cologne.

"Nice," he went on, "because you don't clean before I get here.  I feel useful.  Some places I go, it is already so clean, I wonder what it is they want me to do."

"A compliment," I said to Rebecca.

"No.  A comment," she replied.  "As fast as you and I can sweep, mop, do washing, cook food, clean up the kitchen, do the bathrooms, we still have to have Dave come.  No amount of cleaning before he comes can make him wonder what he should do here."

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.