Friday, February 17, 2017

A Fine Canadian



Did you read this tribute to Stuart McLean from Shelagh Rogers?

Beautiful writing.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/shelagh-rogers-stuart-mclean-1.3985688?cmp=news-digests-canada-and-world-morning

I got to meet Shelagh Rogers when she came to talk at a Truth and Reconciliation Commission (TRC) event that Rebecca organized for Law students while I was in Victoria.

I always felt I knew Stuart McLean. Who didn’t feel that way if they had happened to tune into the Vinyl CafĂ© on Saturday morning. I wonder if he knew I was just trying to do my housework but interrupted for I was hanging on every word!

Lovely writing from Rogers. She is another Canadian icon, having interviewed  so many Canadian authors while Canada listened in.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.