Thursday, February 23, 2017

The Free Parks Canada Pass

I have been thinking more about the joys of having a free Canada Parks Pass. Last year with Doral and his family, I stopped and did the Wapta Falls Hike. Certainly a joy to walk down that well tended path to those beautiful falls.

As I was driving back into Calgary, yesterday, I was watching for places I have never stopped. One of those is the Bourgeau Hike. I will certainly take a look at where it leads out on the internet, even if I don’t get there.

On the way back the roads were beautiful.

Wyona spent a lot of her time with her camera out the sun roof, trying to catch just the right shot of the sun on the mountains.

I added layer after layer of scarves, and then gloves as the fresh winter air swept into the back seat.

A person doesn’t need a park pass for that.

One of our stops was at the Tourist Bureau in Canmore. I wanted take a look around, but the hours are 9 to 5 and we arrived later than that.

The walkway to the restrooms was so icy that a person could just have skated the distance. On the way out Greg said, “I hope you don’t mind if I drive a little slower this leg of the journey.  If the roads are like this, I think slower is better.”

We weren’t on the highway for three minutes but the storm was over, the sky was blue, the roads were dry and we sailed on home.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.