Thursday, May 4, 2017

Western Tanagers

Western Tananger
I am seeing so many of Western Tanagers this morning, that I put my bincoculars beside my printer so that I can grab them and look at the birds every time one lights on the trees just outside of my window.  The next thing I knew I was out on my deck so I could get a little closer.

I saw my first one yesterday and was so surprised by the red colour on his head that I shook my head in disbelief.

The books say that this is a "stocky, mostly bright-yellow songbird, with scarlet red on its face and two bright wing-bars on jet black wings. The book should underline the song in songbird.

Between the flocks of western tanagers and the little hummingbirds that are darting around, I am not getting much work done.

Just beautiful!

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.