Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Gratitude List

Hard to keep a gratitude list going. Hard to keep a blog going Not that there isn’t a lot to be grateful for. And not that there isn’t a lot to see and write about, especially if everytime you see something you can feel your hand looking for a scrap of paper and any pencil that doesn’t have its lead broken.

Even having no water pressure is blog worthy. I couldn’t get the pressure on the hose that is connected to the sprinkler at noon. And by night I had no water pressure for a pan full of dishes. When I called to Dave, he said they had plenty of pressure, but he came right over to show me that my problem is changing the water filters. I have no idea how to do that, nor any idea how to do a number of things: patch the fiberglass on my deck, get the moss off of my roof, oh yes, even how to find a contractor and jusr get a new roof. Eventually of this will come, but the water pressure suddenly came to the top of any list. Dave brought Duncan and me to the furnace room. “I didn’t even know this place existed,” said Duncan. That was a head shaker to me, since he has lived here most of the summers of his life. Dave showed Duncan how to check the water pressure, how to give the toilet a flush to make sure that was the problem, how to turn off the water, how to put a bucket under the faucet when pulling off the blue casing, so that water doesn’t get all over the floor. Duncan and I learned it all. Duncan even changed the second filter and turned the water back on and finished with articulating all of the steps in case he is alone and has to do it some day.

Thank you, Dave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.