Sunday, August 20, 2017

The Case of the Soft Brown Sugar

First of all, no one has 5 two pound packages of brown sugar in their house but me.  I didn't buy them all.  People who have shopped this summer all come home with another package saying to me, "This is so you don't run out of brown sugar for cinnamon buns."  I will never run out, and that is when I shop on my own.  But when every family buys another, I get a back up, and so store some of them in the 2 1/2 gallon ice cream tin and put an apple in their to keep the sugar soft.

Whoops.

I haven't made any cinnamon buns since Ceilidh left.  I did go to grab 2 1/2 cups of brown sugar to make brownies last night and out came flying the best collection of fruit flies I have had since I did a science experiment with them in my first year college biology class.  Had chloroform been present I could have seen which had blue eyes and which had black, and had enough specimens present.

At any rate, I spent some of last night getting rid of them and that apple which now had the texture of an over baked apple, soft and wet.

The brownies were good though.

However I made them for Duncan and now wish I hadn't for we played a game of Spendor and a game of Waters or the Deep, in both of which he whipped me.  He has no mercy for the aging.  And no gratitude for warm brownies presented alongside Island Farms Vanilla Ice Cream.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.