Friday, October 6, 2017

Hose and Tent Clean up


Running from one end of the ground sheet
 to the other is a sure way to add steps
to the 10,000 that I must do every day.
Do not leave your mother with the job of folding up the tents at the end of the summer.

I successfully folded two of the tents into their bags, though the poles from them ended up in one bag.

Someone will have to sort that out later.

Probably they will be grumbling but by that time no one will remember who put the tents away the year before.

The bigger problem was folding up a humungous ground sheet.  I finally got two long ends together and then pinned into the frame of the swing.  Then I could deal with the other two ends.

This was much more difficult than folding a queen sized sheet or a banquet-sized table cloth.

Moiya suggested that I post a list of jobs so that when people ask at the end of the summer, "What can I do to help?",  that I will have some choices for them.

One of the alternate jobs would be to run the water out of the hoses.

Glen told me just do it by gravity, so I have one hose that I drag right up to the top of the raspberry bushes, and the hose extends down the hill, past the house and continues down the path to the stream.  This hose is so long I can water something anywhere on the property.

Moiya went down the end of the hose to look and see if all of the water was out.  She told me that my method wasn't working, because no water was coming out.  That made me laugh for to me it meant that the plan had worked and the hose was now empty.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.