Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Who taught you to read ...

I wanted to say one more thing about my late sister-in-law, Sharon Jonsson.

She taught either Grade I or Grade II for most of her professional life.

If she taught for 30 years, that would mean she had  approximately 30 years x 25 children who learned to read under her tutelage.

Where will your reading take you?
I have been watching little grade I children lately: Kalina Oldham, Erza Bates, Michael Johnson.

They come home tired from their days at school.

Kindergarden used to be a lot of fun.

Now the days are not so much fun -- learning to put those vowels and consonants together.

Sitting still for longer periods of time.

The hard work and then the joy of finding that words can make a sentence.

And that the sentence can have many meanings?

All of that Sharon orchestrated for many years.

I once whispered in her ear what an accomplishment I thought that was.

I believe she understood what I was talking about.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.