Tuesday, November 7, 2017

I’m an Old Grandmother

"I'm an old grandmother!"
Hebe Jarvis was concerned when I was about to arrive at her house, wondering what it is that a grandmother does. She told Catherine that probably an old grandmother just lounges around on the couch all day.

 I tried to break the stereotype when I was at her house: making pumpkin soup, walking to church with her, snuggling in bed, reading English books with her, playing the L.O.L Doll board game; and wearing my spider/spiderweb earrings for her at the church Halloween party.

She still tells me that all the old grandmother’s do is lounge around on the couch all day.

Now I am in Ottawa.

I am still trying to break the stereotype. I am going to make another double batch of pumpkin soup. Rhiannon also told me that it would be nice to have the smell of cinnamon buns in the air when she walks in the house. Leo told me that there is no pressure, but that the fresh pineapple would be delicious if it were cut. Mary said that I didn’t have to make brownies, but she put the cocoa out on the table just in case I had time.

Instead of lounging around on the couch all day, I am going to take a walk and then see how far I can get through, at the very least, making the pumpkin soup.

Arta

2 comments:

  1. hahaha.... lounging on the couch all day is what _I_ like to do best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I am still lounging around here. The soup and cinnamon buns were a hit. Rhiannon took some down to one neighbour and then some from another pan to another neighbour. She couldn't get there fast enough.

    And when I went out for a walk, the four kids from one of those houses came to the curb to talk with me .. for now they know the old grandmother who lounges around on the couch all day.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.