Thursday, November 9, 2017

The Queen's Funeral by the Treaties

I do not know how the book of “The Queen’s Funeral” by Emily Carr go in the same room as the Robinson-Huron (1850) and the Robinson-Superior Treaties (1850) but there it was – a brown book with writing on the left page and a beautiful image on the right page.

I took time to sketch a piece of it in my own notepad for the images were making me laugh quite hard inside.

Here is here lovely poem which describes the black and white sketch she did to illustrate it.
Saith Kendal ‘Won’t you Bobby’ Please
Show us a spot where we can squeeze
I stood behind and hid my stool
Because you know it was the rule
No chairs or stools should be allowed
To persons standing in the crowd.

Emily Carr

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.