Sunday, November 12, 2017

The St. Lawrence

... the sun can't quite break through the clouds ...
I waslked down to the St. Lawrence this morning.

Who can say that about this day.

It was Sunday and everyone in the house was asleep but me.

I slipped on my walking clothes, put a sweater on under my coat, wrapped a scarf around my neck and headed down to the water.
... the view of the clouds in the water of the St. Lawrence ...
I looked across the St. Lawrence and I couldn't tell if the horizon was tilted or straight across. My intellect suggested that it was straight but when I held my phone up and tried to make things level, they just didn't look that way. It didn't matter to me. I was so interested in the refection of the sky in the water.  And I was enjoying the cool, moist air as it filled my lungs at each breath.

A few joggers passed me and I say two cyclists go by -- men who had children in a chair behind them.  I could hear their conversation with each other.  They rode on the side roads so that they could ride abreast of one another.

Just a lovely morning was for a couple of hours.

Arta

2 comments:

  1. Sorry Arta, not the St. Lawrence Seaway -- here in Gatineau, we get to enjoy the Ottawa River. It is lovely though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no question, I am still a small-town girl. The only 2 rivers I really know are the Bow and the Elbow (which is not much more than a stream). When I see the Ottawa River, it looks more like a mighty ocean to me, for I can barely see the horizon on the other side.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.