Friday, December 1, 2017

Questions for Young Marx

Here are some questions that you can answer after the show.  If you are with Grandmother Arta, you will get $1 up to a maximum of 10 questions.  You may ask questions of your own or answer these questions.

1. Name the two protagonists in the show.

2. In the closing credits, the following pictures roll by:  Che, Ronnie and Maggie, the Occupy Movement, Nelson Mandela, and we hear music from Bob Dylan.  What do any of these have to do with the movie.  Alternatively, what do all of them have to do with the movie.

3. Name the new theatre where this production is showing.

4. Name the semi-literate Irish woman who was friends with Engles.  An extra point if you know the name of her sister.

5. Take a point if you go out on the internet and see the statue of Marx at Highgate Cemetery.

6. Explain what Marx means when he predicts that Christmas will become “a week-long festival of commodification”.

7. What is the most famous book written by Marx?

8. What are mutton chop whiskers.  Did you observe any of them in the movie?

9. Some of the other characters are creditors, spies, rival revolutionary factions and prospective seducers of Marx's beautiful wife. Can you identify any of them?

3 comments:

  1. haha.... I can do some of these from the reviews...am now looking forward to answering them after the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered in advance, what song of Bob Dylan's they will use? Hey Mr. Tambourine Man? The Times They are a Changin? Blowing in the Wind? My guess is that the kids here won't know any of them.

    Have you taken a list of important words of Marx, ideas or small saying and put them up on the wall. That would be just like you. If so, please share them. I was wondering what else I could put up beside religion is the opiate of the masses.

    I would give you the answer to the name of the sister of Engle's Irish companion, but now I have forgotten it and am going to have to look for it myself, since the answer to this we aren't going to see in the play.

    And I didn't know who "Ronnie and Maggie" were until I went out to the internet.

    And the occupy movement? I remember it, but couldn't have named it. I am not going to forget that one now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just since you put the idea in my mind, I went out and tried to find the "top ten songs" of Bob Dylan.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG8y0rRYjEI

    What surprised me is that I saw some of the images in this small clip in the biopic of Dylan. I didn't get their significance until now.

    Fun? Yes, fun!

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.