Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Bus Route #715, Montreal

Wyona with a paintbrush in hand 
Winter 2017 Series
The forecast for today was for 7 above with rain.

That feels like a summer day in Montreal.

I walked into the subway for my 10,000 steps, hoping to get most of them in the underground malls.

The information person told me that the biggest mall was the at McGill station.

 I am absolutely urban.

 I would rather get my steps on the concrete than on the grassy strip of land beside a rural road.

As well told me to get off at Place d’Armes to catch the 715 bus (Old Montreal).

Getting off here was a mistake the next man told me and sent me off to Berri Uqam.

These are the days when being retired is the best. Time doesn't matter.  Around every corner, an adventure.

I rode the Bus # 715 first of all, looking at the houses on the left, the falling raining drizzling down my window. The next time I did the route I looked at the houses on the right. The third time I circled the route I looked out the front window, the windshield wipers of the bus making clean sweeps across the pane of glass as I enjoyed Old Montreal looking straight ahead. On the fourth round, the bus driver called back to me, “How many times are you going to go around the route. You can’t go around all day.”
Wyona
Hummingbird Series 2017

“I can’t?” I thought to myself. “I have a bus pass for the entire month.”

I am not going to fight with a bus driver.

I called back to him, “Just one more time.” And around I went.

That ride was a great alternative to a Hop On-Hop Off bus. 

I asked Catherine for her “tour Montreal” books so that I can figure out what it was that I was seeing on the ride: statues, harbours, bridges, parks, and historic buildings.  I couldn't name any of them.

Arta

2 comments:

  1. your prose and wyona's brushstrokes together? pure poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.

    Since you know I don't like to read or write poetry I went back to the post to see what mistake I had made.

    I am the reason that Wyona is getting so much painting done. If I were in Calgary, she and I would be out driving around the town to find the best Christmas malls. As well we would be stopping go have a drink at Calgary's finest (and cheapest) places to eat. Either Costco or the Dairy Queen.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.