Tuesday, February 6, 2018

The Lady of the Camellias - First Try

I was so excited to see this ballet I had my Coke packed in my purse, and some fruit filled candies to suck on in case I started to get tired, since I know it is 3 hours and 3 minutes long. As well, I planned to leave Relief Society early, take the LRT since the weather is magnificent, but hard to navigate through all of the snow. It was not until I was at the ticket counter speaking to the agent there that I figured out the ballet is next week. I had a slight moment where I had to change gears and figure out a different show to see. I had gone to too much work to get there to turn around and go home.

I have been wanting to see The Post (Speilberg 2017) with Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks for some time so I purchased a ticket and then waited for the movie to begin. I was 40 minutes early. I walked the promenade: past Tim Hortons, past meal deal ($22.95 for a hot dog, a drink, some chips and popcorn that overfloweth), and into the video games, a place I never go. I thought of Tom and Eric who would be playing the games if they had extra time on their hands. The lights were flashing and the music was blaring. I walked through the isles, mostly wondering why anyone would want to play a game named Crazy Chicken, for I think most of the entertainment was in the audio and visual pyro techniques. The allure of even more fun must pay off for there were many machines so I had plenty of space to wind my way through them and add steps to the Fitbit.

The movie was smashing. I noticed tears running down my checks at one point. Why would a government lie to its people?

I usually sit in my seat watching the credits when a movie is over. This time I noticed that the music is by John Williams which is probably reason to go to the movie alone. Some of the best music was while the credits rolled.

A privilege to have done steps, seen the movie and still be able to look forward to the ballet this Sunday.Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.