Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Four Shovels

... a moment at rest ...
When she heard I was coming to the lake, Bonnie Wyora returned the two snow shovels she had borrowed for digging out her house in Salmon Arm.

Now I have one more shovel than those two in my garage and David Wood brought over another for me after seeing my progress on my front porch.

David brought over a smaller scoop shovel than the one I was using. 

Now I will work twice as long but carry ½ as much in my shovel. David helped me take out the panes of glass in the railing on my deck.

This is so I won’t have to throw the snow over the railing, but can slide it off of the deck and onto the ground through the holes that are there now.
... a shovel at rest ...
... of course, to show you the 
height of the snow I am shovelling and 
I am not around to the back porch yet ...

Dave parked his truck on the hill and we worked on my deck until the CP rail truck came along and need to get past him.

David tried to back up, but the only direction his truck would go is forward.

Dave’s isn’t just any old truck but a 30 year old truck.

He offered to let me drive it, but when I assented he said he was only joking.

Shifting gears does look like major exercise, I notice when I am driving with him.

Though the CPR workers don’t know Dave by name, they all know the year and make of his truck.

Nice to drive a classic.

He was out looking for dead trees to cut up for firewood when he came over to help me. There is plenty of wood for that. Many trees have come down because they were bending over the road and impeding traffic. Moiya showed me some of the fresh cut limbs and stumps.  I cannot judge who has had the most snow:  Calgary or the Shuswap.  It might be a draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.