Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Spring Run Off

When Richard begins the words of a phone call with "it is not too bad", my heart sinks.  

I go to the bottom line and am always hoping at the end of the day, everyone is still alive.

At the end of the day, Richard hopes that none of his children will have turned on the outside hose, unbeknownst to anyone.  

Last summer they let the water run one day, and it flooded his downstairs basement, particularly their bedroom, which got a new floor out of the deal.

This time the water came in the window well above my kitchen.

I am in BC, so all I can do is cringe over the thought of the work that Richard and Miranda had to do.
Of that clean up work Richard said, "Yes, I got into a panic yesterday when we instead just used up some blessings.   A blessing that thermodynamics allowed us enough time between turning the hose on and the warm hose water actually melting through. Thank you to the gods of conservation of energy."

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.