Wednesday, March 14, 2018

The Eyes Have It

Richard says,
"Sweet children. 
I tried to get a photo of my girls eyes. 
Genetics is a funny. thing. 
Michael got moms eyes, the girls got mine.
"

Richard shared this picture with me this morning.

Three sets of blue eyes.

How cute is that!

The picture reminded me that I was startled when I looked at Moiya's eyes a couple of days ago.

I thought I was looking into my own eyes.

I asked her what colour her eyes are, even though they were staring me in the face.

"Hazel," she said, "but I always write down on official documents that they are brown."

"Why would you do that?" I asked.

"When I would ask other people what colour my eyes were they would say brown, so I said that too.  Brown is what it says on all of my official documents."

Oh, she was making me laugh.

We were both reminded of Darla asking Doral why her eyes were blue. 

Doral told her, "Well, I have one of yours and you have one of mine."

I don't know how old she was when she quit telling people that.

Yes, the eyes have it.

Arta
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.